Τετάρτη 16 Μαΐου 2012

Emily Senko by Tung Walsh LQ Photo and poem Monogramma













http://itr2010.org/2012/05/13/emily-senko-by-tung-walsh-lq-photo-shoot/


Like so I speak of you and me  
Because I love you and in love I know 
How to enter in like the full moon 
From everywhere, about your small foot in the boundless sheets How to pluck the jasmine–and I have the power 
To blow the wind and take you in sleep through the moon’s passages and the sea’s secret colonnade
Hypnotized tree of silvering spiders  
The waves have heard of you 
How you caress, how you kiss 
Around the neck, around the bay 
How you whisper the “what” and the “eh” 
Always we the light and the shadow 
  Always you the little star and always I the dark vessel 
Always you the harbor and always I the light shining from the right 
The wet jetty and the glint on the oars High on the vine-laden house 
The bound roses and cooling water 
Always you the stone statue and always I the shadow that grows You the hanging shutter and I the wind that blows it open 
Because I love you and I love you 
Always you the coin and I the worship that gives it value  
So much the night, so much the humming in the wind 
So much the mist in the air, so much the stillness 
Around the despotic sea 
Heavenly arch full of stars 
So much your faintest breath  
That I no longer have anything else 
Within these four walls, this ceiling and floor 
But to call for you and for my own voice to hit me 
To smell your scent and for people to fear 
Because people can’t bear the untried And foreign and it’s early you hear It’s early still in the world my love  
To speak of you and me.  
IV  
It’s early still in this world, do you hear me 
They haven’t tamed the beast, do you hear me 
My wasted blood and sharp, hear me, knife Like a ram running across the heavens 
Breaking the tails of comets, hear me 
I am, hear me 
I love you, hear me 
I hold you and I take you and I dress you 
In the white gown of Ophelia, hear me 
Where do you leave me, where do you go and who, hear me  
Holds your hand above the flood 
The enormous flames and volcanic lava 
Will bury us, hear me, and the day will come 
A thousand years later when we will be, hear me 
Shining fossils, hear me 
For the heartlessness of men to burnish, hear me 
And throw above them in a thousand pieces 
And on the waters one by one, hear me 
I measure my bitter pebbles, hear me 
And time is a great church, hear me 
Where once the forms 
Of saints 
Shed true tears, hear me 
The bells ring loudly, hear me 
I cross a deep ford 
Where the angels wait with candles and funeral psalms 
I go nowhere, hear me 
Neither or both together, hear me 
  This flower of the storm and, hear me 
Of love Once and for all, we pick it 
And it never comes to flower anywhere else, hear me 
On another earth, on another star, hear me 
There isn’t soil, there isn’t air 
That we touch, the same, hear me  
And no gardener was ever so lucky  
To produce such a flower from such a winter, hear me 
And such northern winds, only we, hear me, 
In the middle of the sea 
Only from the mere wish for love, hear me 
Raised an entire island, hear me 
With caves and capes and crags in bloom 
Listen, listen 
Who speaks in the waters and who cries, hear 
Who seeks the other, who calls, hear 
I am the one who calls and 
I am the one who cries, you hear me 
I love you and 
I love you, hear me.
 Parts III and IV taken from Elytis' poem Monogramma (Monogram)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου